This past weekend I spent a little over 48 hours exploring NYC. I’ve only been to the “city that doesn’t sleep” once before back in 2008 on my way home from my summer in Montana. I’m not much of a big city person, but I’ve had the urge to visit NYC recently and decided to pull the plug when I found a good deal on a plane ticket from Portland to JFK.
I did NYC on the cheap focusing on free activities and eating at food stands and coffee shops. NYC is notoriously expensive and my focus at the moment is to save money for my big Europe trip in 2015. I also probably walked the entire length of Manhattan twice and by time my return flight left JFK Sunday night I don’t think I could walk another step without my hip giving out on me! Without further ado here is my 48 hours in NYC in photos. More detailed posts are coming so stay tuned about how you can do NYC on the cheap too!
1. Wall Street
2. Chasing ghosts in the Trinity Church cemetery
3. Walking over the Brooklyn Bridge with Free Tours by Feet
4. Checking out Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO
5. The free Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty
6. The 9/11 Memorial
7. Times Square
8. The New York Public Library
9. Sunset on The Top of The Rock
10. Breakfast in Washington Square Park
11. Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment stoop on Perry St. in the West Village
12. Walking The Highline
13. Grabbing brunch at the Chelsea Market
14. Taking in the chaos at Grand Central Station
15. The Gapstow Bridge in Central Park
16. Harlem Tour with Free Tours by Feet
17. Exploring the rest of Central Park
Have you been to New York City? What are your favorite things to do?